September 6, 2014

Long Weekend in Sta. Ana

04/18/2014

This is the second part of my entry Screwed till Rescued.

Even though I’m still hung over from what happened the night before I was very glad that finally we arrived home just that it’s 2 in the morning and my brother’s not answering his phone. So how can we walk to our house without waking up our neighbors’ dogs? It’s not that I’m afraid of dogs but what if they weren’t vaccinated.

Well my sister, King, told me to shut up, be calm and just walk because I was like “Shit! Those dogs bark in chorus.”

Anyhow after that horrifying experience, we got home safe and our brother just woke up. Good thing Auntie Maria knew that we will be home very early and she prepared food for us. This is one of the best things about going home: home-cooked foods.

We decided to sleep a little before going to Sta. Ana; the place where I, King and my cousins all grew up. Our family is a bit traditional and old fashioned; Semana Santa is about going home and spending time with your loved ones. I remember back then we have to we participate on the Stations of the Cross and Salubong (I was one of the angels man!). I also can’t forget my grandma’s superstition wherein she won’t allow us to laugh or be happy too much because it’s Semana Santa and then she’ll play this weird song on the cassette deck.

At 10 in the morning, we headed to Sta. Ana and arrived around 1:30 pm. Our mother was waiting for us there and she has this habit of preparing the foods we love even though she doesn’t eat such; she only eats vegetables and sea foods. Our lunch was sumptuous. :D

Our plan for the day was to visit the Nangaramoan beach and the next day we’ll visit our grandparents and then go back to Tuguegarao City. Kuya Den, our cousin, offered to bring us to Nangaramoan. Yey!

My brother. I know, I couldn't believe it either. 

Our niece, Denise. Oh, it rhymes. 

I'm not really sure what they were talking about.

Casambalangan Hi-way

Mountains on the right side

The sea on the other side, i love this place

More! 

St. Anthony of Padua Church, Sta. Ana

Of course we have to pass this one, haha! Thanks Kuya Den!



So happy? 

Heading to Nangaramoan :D



More ricefields

We there yet?



The last time I went here it was still rough road



10 000 visitors, yeah?







I hate how the previous visitors just leave their trashes here



A very weird sea creature



You just can't put the pringles down....









No comments:

Post a Comment